Dear Main Street Family,
Let me begin by saying what a blessing you are to me! I appreciate your attitude of faithfulness and encouragement in these challenging times we are living through.
And we will get through them! I know the Lord is going to see us through them!
As pastor, I want you to know that the staff, our deacons, and myself are here for you if you need us. We are looking at ways that we can remain connected during these difficult days to help one another and encourage one another. Here is where we are:
- (Except for the Live Stream Service) ALL ACTIVITIES at Main Street Baptist Church will remain SUSPENDED indefinitely. As soon as we know when and how things will return to normal we will get the word out as early as possible.
- The LIVE STREAM WORSHIP SERVICE – which is scheduled on Sunday mornings at 10:45AM WILL CONTINUE. Although I am encouraging everyone to STAY HOME, doors will be open for this service. If you choose to attend this service, please come into the sanctuary and maintain “safe distances(at least 10 feet apart)” from others. Also, remember the rules of NO SHAKING HANDS OR HUGGING. PLEASE NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO CHILD CARE PROVIDED FOR THIS SERVICE.
- Please encourage others to watch the live stream service on Sundays.
- Pray for one another. Please continue to call and update the office on prayer concerns that need to be added to the COMUNICATOR. Call and check on one another during this time. Help one another. This is what the body of Christ is all about. If there is someone you know who needs help of any kind from staff or deacons, please call the church office and let us know.
- ERRAND RUNNING MINISTRY: For those who are concerned for their health about running errands for basic necessities we have volunteers who are available to do this for you. If you need help in this way or would like to volunteer for this ministry at this time please call the church office.
- Pray for President Trump. Pray for our nation’s leaders. Pray for the medical professionals who are on the frontlines. I ask you also to pray for US Military personnel serving all over the world. Please pray for our missionaries. And don’t forget to pray for our church and staff. We need it right now to have God’s wisdom to navigate through this difficult time. We will continue to have the altar prayer time each Sunday during the Live Stream Service.
- Thank you for continuing to give your tithes and offerings to the Lord. The church still needs to meet its financial obligations during this time as well. I also wanted to let you know that I have put a freeze on all spending except for our ongoing financial obligations, ministry essentials, and bills. There are several options to maintain your giving to the Lord: (1) Online through the Main Street Baptist Church Website at www.mainstreetbaptistchurch.org (2) U.S. Postal Service (3) Bringing to Church Office.
The church office will remain open and office hours will remain as normal. Should this situation change I will let you know as soon as possible. We will all be working very hard during this time to continue to provide ministry to members and outreach to the community. God willing, we will see this time pass soon. Let’s remember these words from Hebrews 10:23. “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.” As always, call me if I can help you with anything.